Bug with dates displayed after sharing to Facebook page

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum BoldR Lite BoldR Lite Bug Reports Bug with dates displayed after sharing to Facebook page

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Newlifeblind 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Newlifeblind
    Participant

Hi there,

Love the theme, however I am experiencing an issue with the dates that are displayed next to my posts.

http://www.newlifeblind.com

If you look on my home page, you’ll see that the dates are shown three times next to each post. This occurred after I updated yesterday and shared each post to my new Facebook page. I changed the date of these entries on my Facebook timeline, which added the additional dates to my website. I haven’t once changed any dates on my WordPress dashboard.

Please check out the issue and let me know if it can be sorted out. I am guest blogging for a well-known website next week and would like it sorted before then.

Many thanks.

Matt

NewLifeBlind

Reply to: Bug with dates displayed after sharing to Facebook page

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello, did you get this sorted already ? I see no issue on your site right now, the dates are displayed correctly. Here’s a screenshot of what I can see:

Please just let me know if I didn’t understand or if I’m missing something and I’ll look more closely!

Newlifeblind
    Participant

Huh. That is strange. Perhaps when the calendar date switched over, it sorted itself out.

If it pops up again, I’ll let you know. If you want to try and find it, just share a post to a Facebook page and change the date of the Facebook post on your timeline.

Thanks for checking it out.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

I can hardly see how doing anything on Facebook can affect your site, unless you have a plugin that interact between your site and your Facebook page?
    Or maybe another plugin on your site that is going somewhat crazy!

For reference, the dates are actually displayed in 3 steps in BoldR: the theme needs to pull the 3 parts (month, day and year) separately under the hood to be able to give each part a different text size, so it calls the WP core function the_time() 3 times:

From index.php and single.php:

<span class="month"><?php the_time('M'); ?></span>
    <span class="day"><?php the_time('d'); ?></span>
    <span class="year"><?php the_time('Y'); ?></span>

If a plugin can somehow impact this function and override the arguments (respectively ‘M’, ‘d’ and ‘Y’), it could cause it to print the full date three times instead of each part. But no plugin should be able to override core functions this way.
    Anyway if you see this happen again please let me know, I’m really curious to find out what happened!

Also to easily find out a rogue plugin: when something crazy happens on your site, try to disable any plugins from your site one by one, and check back the site every time. If the issue goes away after a certain plugin is disabled, then you’ve found the bad guy!

Newlifeblind
    Participant

Great advice. That would certainly explain it as that is exactly how the dates showed – in three different sizes. What was strange was that they were different dates, a mixture of the original post dates and the Facebook sharing date.

I’ll keep you posted if the same occurs again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bug with dates displayed after sharing to Facebook page’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock