Breaking My Forms Description

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Bug Reports Breaking My Forms Description

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lab41 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lab41
    Participant

http://k53tests.co.za/

You can see it’s hiding my field labels in my forms.

How do I solve this?

Any help is appreciated.

Reply to: Breaking My Forms Description

Lab41
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello,

This looks like a plugin issue and not related to the theme: by inspecting the page’s source I can see this CSS:

.frm_style_lead-capture.with_frm_style .frm_none_container label.frm_primary_label, .frm_style_lead-capture.with_frm_style .frm_pos_none {
        display: none;
    }

Which is what hides the labels and it originates from formidablepro.css. Meaning it is the plugin itself (either by design or from one of its settings) is hiding them.

I would double check the plugin settings, and in case you cannot sort it out, you can still add this to the theme’s Custom CSS to override it:

.frm_style_lead-capture.with_frm_style .frm_none_container label.frm_primary_label, .frm_style_lead-capture.with_frm_style .frm_pos_none {
        display: block!important;
    }

Lab41
    Participant

Hi

I have this plugin on 30 other sites without the issue, so it seems a theme/plugin combo possibly?

I’m trying to get the text to show within the fields, not the labels, above.

How would I do that as well?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

This is not a theme combo since there’s a clear “display:none” CSS statement in a file that comes from the plugin.
    But with a closer look I believe the labels are actually hidden on purpose indeed, since you should have placeholders (text within the fields) in these fields. Labels are made invisible to regular visitor and are only used for search engines crawlers and screen readers.

Now these placeholders do suffer a theme clash though: the theme makes them white by default (just like the search field’s placeholder you have in your navbar!) because the default color for fields themselves is grey.

Here’s some Custom CSS to change the placeholder’s color and make them visible in your white fields:

.frm_form_fields input::-webkit-input-placeholder { color: #999; }
    .frm_form_fields input:-moz-placeholder { color: #999; }
    .frm_form_fields input::-moz-placeholder { color: #999; }
    .frm_form_fields input:-ms-input-placeholder { color: #999; }

With this sorted, you can remove the previous CSS to to make the labels invisible again as they were supposed to be!

Lab41
    Participant

Thanks! That solved it! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Breaking My Forms Description’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock