- May 22, 2015 at 4:07 pm #11807SheriMay 22, 2015 at 4:07 pmBlog post not showing entire story, please help!
I just posted a new blog story and it looks fine on the main home page but when I click on the story title it only shows the featured thumbnail with the description, not the entire blog post. I posted as I always do and last month I did not have any issues with that post. What have I done wrong????? If you go to http://www.sherioneal.com/wordpress you will see the difference in Rita Maggarts post VS. Loan Hillsten only when you click the page titles, they look fine on the main blog home page. I want Ritas main page link to display like Loan’s….
May 22, 2015 at 4:30 pm #11808iceableMay 22, 2015 at 4:30 pmReply to: Blog post not showing entire story, please help!
- This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by iceable. Reason: Thread moved to WordPress Help section
I just had a look and have to admit this got me scratching my head for a minute. Then I realized by looking at the source code that the page is not the blogpost page, but the “attachement” page (a single page dedicated to the picture itself).
The only reason I can think of to explain why a link to the blogpost would redirect to the attachement is that both have the same slug, and thus both have the exact same URL which obviously creates a conflict (and for some reason the attachement page wins over the blogpost).
Here’s how to fix it quickly:
– Go to Media > Library and select the picture associated with the “problem post”. This will popup a window with some details about the picture.
– Click “edit more details” at the bottom right and you will be taken to the attachement edit page.
– Just below the title field, you will see the permalink. Click “edit” so you can edit the last part of the permalink, which should be “fabulous-women-over-40-rita-maggart” (the same as the permalink for the associated blogpost)
– Change it to something else, or added something at the end like “-picture” or anything; you just want it to be different from the actual blogpost’s URL to avoid this conflict.
– Make sure to click “Update” on the right and you should be done.
– One last step to make sure WordPress acknowledge the change updates the permalink structure is to go to Settings > Permalinks, and just click “save changes” – even though you don’t actually change anything, clicking this buttons forces WordPress to review the whole structure and help fixing some issues.
I hope this helps; if it doesn’t and you are still stuck I can offer to have a look for you in the backend to see what went wrong and find a way to fix it.May 22, 2015 at 4:43 pm #11810SheriMay 22, 2015 at 4:43 pmReply to: Blog post not showing entire story, please help!
SheriParticipantThis reply has been marked as private.May 22, 2015 at 4:47 pm #11811iceableMay 22, 2015 at 4:47 pmReply to: Blog post not showing entire story, please help!
I was just making some tests on my test site to try and reproduce this issue deliberately but I can’t seem to be able to; so maybe my previous reply is not completely correct and something just went wrong on your site for some reason.
What if you just try the very last step, go to Settings > Permalinks, and just click “save changes” ?
If this is just a glitch in the permalink structure (and it looks like it is), this should fix it.
If not then sure, you can send me a temporary admin login and I’ll be happy to have a look for you and find out more about this weird glitch.May 22, 2015 at 4:55 pm #11812SheriMay 22, 2015 at 4:55 pmReply to: Blog post not showing entire story, please help!
SheriParticipantThis reply has been marked as private.May 22, 2015 at 5:07 pm #11813iceableMay 22, 2015 at 5:07 pmReply to: Blog post not showing entire story, please help!
iceableKeymasterSupportThis reply has been marked as private.May 22, 2015 at 5:09 pm #11814SheriMay 22, 2015 at 5:09 pmReply to: Blog post not showing entire story, please help!
Thank you as always….you ROCK!You are awesome, love the templet too!
The topic ‘Blog post not showing entire story, please help!’ is closed to new replies.