Add Mailchimp pop-up to Home page

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Blackoot Pro Blackoot Pro Support Add Mailchimp pop-up to Home page

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

leadsled42
    Participant

I am trying to add a pop-up to the Home page of my website so visitors can sign up for our mailing list. Is there a place for me to add this code? Thanks.

<script type=”text/javascript” src=”//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js” data-dojo-config=”usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false”></script><script type=”text/javascript”>require([“mojo/signup-forms/Loader”], function(L) { L.start({“baseUrl”:”mc.us16.list-manage.com”,”uuid”:”b8a2d4f6d82b8bc747c0c8cdb”,”lid”:”20cfba46a5″}) })</script>

Reply to: Add Mailchimp pop-up to Home page

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, when mailchimp gave you this code, chances are it also specified that you should add it either in the “head” of your page, before </head> , or in the footer, just before </body>

From there, the easiest way is to paste this code either in Appearance > Theme Options > Code & CSS > Custom Header Code, or in Appearance > Theme Options > Code & CSS > Custom Footer code.

If the code didn’t come with such instruction, then either should be fine.

Note that adding the code in one of these fields will add it in the header (or footer, respectively) or every page of your site.

This should be fine if the popup is set to show only once per visitor – this way it will show only on the first page they visit, whether it is the homepage or another one.

If you really need this code to be added only to the homepage please let me know and I’ll provide you with a custom solution.

leadsled42
    Participant

Mailchimp did not specify where it should be pasted, so I put it in the Custom Code area of the header. However, the pop-up is not showing when I visit the site.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Do you have AdBlock enabled in your browser?

I’m using it too and when I tried to disable it and refresh the page the subscribe popup showed up 😉

leadsled42
    Participant

I have all of the popup blockers turned off and AdBlock is not installed as an extension.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

The console shows quite a few warnings and JS errors on your site – I’m adding a screenshot in a private reply below since it contains info about your site.
    To see the error console on your end, your can hit F12 or cmd+alt+i in chrome, or cmd+shift+J in Firefox.

Every JS error could prevent other JS-based features (like your subscribe popup) from working properly. The best way to troubleshoot these is to try to disable ALL plugins, and see if that makes a difference. If it does re-enable them one by one so you’ll know which one(s) are causing issues.

Alternatively, I believe there is a WordPress plugin that deals with MailChimp integration. Have you tried it? It is probably the best way to go and would probably make things easier than fiddling directly with code.

Also if you keep having issues with mailchimp you should try their support channels. I’m trying to help as best I can but there is only so much I can do since this is not theme-related.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!
    This reply has been marked as private.

leadsled42
    Participant

That is certainly a fair amount of errors…

I started disabling the plugins, and magically it was the very first one, some crappy contact form creator. As soon as it was deactivated the popup appeared on the open home page. I will look into that Mailchimp plugin though. That completely slipped my mind. Thanks!

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

I started disabling the plugins, and magically it was the very first one

Well lucky you – it is usually never the first, and more often than not the last on you look at, as per Murphy’s law. Glad I could help you get this sorted! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock