Extensive documentation about widgets can be found in the official WordPres codex: WordPress Widgets
Themes from iceable themes offers two widgetized areas: the sidebar, which can handle as many widgets as you wish, and the footer which is meant for 4 widgets.
Adding widgets to widgetized area
- From your WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance > Widgets.
- On the left side you will see every widgets that are available.
- Simply drag-and-drop widgets from the left side to the containers on the right (“Sidebar” or “Footer”) to activate them.
- Most widgets have some configurable options which will appear as soon as you drop them in a widgetized area. Don’t forget to hit the “save” button is you make changes.
Activating the footer widgetized area
By default, the footer area doesn’t contain any widget and does not appear on your site. You simply need to add some widgets to it and it will automatically be activated.
Pro Only: creating additional sidebars
- Go to Appearance > Theme options
- On the “Create sidebars” tabs, enter the names to give your new sidebars (one per line)
- Hit “Save changes”
- Now go to Appearance > Widgets, your new sidebars will appear on the right below the default sidebar and footer.
- Drag-and-drop your widgets to your new sidebars
- To select which sidebar to use on a specific page, edit this page and pick the sidebar to use under the “Icefit Page Settings” metabox on the right